2013 HDCA Annual International Conference - "Human Development: Vulnerability, Inclusion and Wellbeing
9-12 September 2013, Managua Nicaragua
More information about the conference can be found at www.hdca2013.org
Conference registration now open click here to register
This site contains the following categories :Educational Materials
- Video lectures taken during human development training courses and conferences
- Lecture presentations given at training courses and conferences
- Bibliography of specific subjects that can be distributed as reading list
- Glossary of key terms
You can also find educational materials on human development on the website of:
- Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative www.ophi.org.uk which contains materials for measuring poverty from a multi-dimensional perspective.
- Human Development Report Office http://hdr.undp.org/en/nhdr/training/ which contains materials from human development training courses.
- Micro and macro data sets
- Methodology guides
- Unit outlines of courses related to human development
- Degrees on human development
Papers in preparation for publication (these are not papers presented at HDCA conferences).HDCA textbook
This provides update teaching materials that complement the textbook An Introduction to the Human Development and Capability Approach:Freedom and Agency
- Case studies
- Group exercises
- Illustrative boxes
Important note on VIDEO:if you receive a notification that Windows Media Player cannot play the file because of a missing codex, please accept the update that the Windows Media Player suggests to install (wvcIdmo.CAB). After this file is installed, please close the file you tried to open and then reopen it from the browser. This should fix the problem.